Whether you’re having a blah day or simply want to spruce up your look, a beauty pick-me-up can go a long way in making you feel more polished and pretty. Today’s post shares my top 5 beauty pick-me-ups that won’t break the bank.
1. A Perfect Polish Change. Want to get your nails done, but adverse to spending too much? For as little as $8 at some salons, a polish change offers many of the same benefits as a mani, including a new nail colour, a smooth application, and longer lasting wear. My favourite pick-me-up nail colours are red, coral, and mint green, but there’s something to be said for a classic French polish, too. For a more complete look, shape your nails and trim your cuticles at home beforehand, as many salons won’t offer those services with a simple polish change.
2. Pearly-er Whites. I love having white teeth and whiten mine at home quite frequently (read my full post about it here!). While professional whitening treatments can cost in the hundreds of dollars, and white strips can run $50 and higher, there are more affordable options. My favourite product is Plus White which comes in a gel-filled tube for under $15 ($9 on Amazon!). The Starter Kit is my favourite as it contains a mouth guard that makes using the product a breeze. Plus White isn’t terribly strong, nor has it given my any tooth sensitivity, but it does work – you can often see a difference after just a few uses.
3. Fancy Brows. Despite getting my eyebrows waxed every 4 weeks religiously, I’m amazed at how mangled they look before wax time. After a wax, they are beautifully sculpted, are a dream to fill in, and add a natural polish to my appearance. At roughly $8-12 at your local salon, this beauty habit is well worth it.
4. An Updated Pout. A girl can never have too many lipsticks, and a new one can perk up a look and give you added confidence. A coral or peach-toned hue is perfect for spring or summer, a bold red can be daring and fun, and a light pink can be a neutral shade that works with a ton of different looks. Head to your local drugstore for a plethora of options under $15.
5. A Bronzed Glow. By the time end of April rolls around, many of us have been too pale for too long. Add a healthy (and safe!) glow to your skin by using a lotion like Jergens Natural Glow which works double duty by moisturizing your skin and also adding a hint of bronze. Available in face and body formulas and for different complexions, there are a ton of options when it comes to bronzing up, most of them under $15.
What are your favourite beauty pick-me-ups?